Former Chinese leader Jiang Zemin has died. How did the man use America to lay the stepping stones for Beijing’s global ambitions? And how much blood is on his hands?
“Free China! Xi Jinping Step Down!”—Demonstrators in the United States and Canada are showing support for protesters in China.
Demonstrations in China are escalating, with riot police now deployed to quell the gatherings. To calm the crowds, authorities say they’ll ease COVID-19 restrictions—slightly.
South Dakota is taking action against TikTok. Its state employees are banned from using government devices to access the short video platform.
The Pentagon responds to Beijing’s nuclear ambition.
Topics in this episode:
- Former Chinese Leader Jiang Zemin Dies at 96
- Protests in Canada and Across U.S. Against Chinese Communist Party and its COVID-19 Policies
- Protests Escalate in China’s Guangzhou
- Pentagon: China May Have 1,500 Nukes by 2035
- South Dakota Bans TikTok for State Employees
- S. Korea Scrambles Air Force Jets as Russian, Chinese Bombers Enter Air Defense Zone
- Chris Chappel on the Death of Jiang Zemin
Have other topics you want us to cover? Drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you’d like to buy us a coffee: https://donorbox.org/china-in-focus
Subscribe to our newsletter for more first-hand news from China.
Follow China in Focus on social media:
Click the “Save” button below the video to access it later on “My List”
Follow EpochTV on social media:
BUY Jan 6 DVD: The Real Story of Jan. 6 Documentary（102 Minutes, Color) , Promo Code “[Tiffany]” for 20% off.