Bouldercombe battery station catches fire just two months after commencing operation.
A fire has erupted at a Telsa lithium battery storage facility in Bouldercombe, Queensland, just two months after commencing operation.
The Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) arrived at a battery storage facility owned by Genex, a company focused on developing renewable energy generation and storage projects across Australia, at 7:45 p.m. on Sept. 26 to deal with the fire after receiving tips about the incident.
A QFES spokesperson told The Epoch Times that the fire broke out in a battery unit at the facility. However, it was unsure how it occurred in the first place.
While the fire was contained within that single battery unit, it was not totally extinguished.
The QFES spokesperson added that there was no casualty, and the firefighters left the site at 2 p.m. on Sept. 27.
The company also stated that no other storage modules were affected, and the facility had been disconnected from the grid.
Toxic Smoke Warning
The QFES also issued a smoke warning for residents living near the facility at 8 a.m. on Sept. 27.
“The fire was contained. There was low-lying smoke expected to persist at the time for a few hours,” the spokesperson said.
“Nearby residents are advised to keep doors and windows closed, and those suffering from a respiratory condition should keep their medications close by.”
They can reignite hours–or even days after being put out and release highly toxic gases.
After the fire was contained, Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Fitzroy Zone Commander John Platt said officers were monitoring gas levels in the area and found that there was no health hazard.